Kashoua Yang is a Wisconsin lawyer who practices family law, worker’s compensation, and social security disability. Attorney Yang speaks fluent Hmong and English. Her career in family law included working as a private practice attorney for a non-profit legal services group and Milwaukee area law firm.
Attorney Yang has helped numerous individuals protect their rights in divorces, post judgment, grandparent visitation, and other family law matters. She approaches every family law issue with careful consideration of her client’s expectations, needs, and limitations. She is also a court appointed Guardian ad Litem in custody and placement disputes. Attorney Yang is certified as a Wisconsin family law mediator. She has experience mediating custody and placement disputes, including cases involving cultural issues.
Attorney Yang represents injured workers in work related injuries. As a worker’s compensation attorney, she is an advocate for her clients, helping her clients determine and demand for benefits they are entitled to due to work related injuries. Attorney Yang also helps her clients file for and obtain social security benefits. She has worked with clients of various backgrounds and medical impairments, and has successfully helped many of her clients obtain benefits.
Attorney Yang earned her bachelor’s degree, summa cum laude, from Lakeland College and her J.D. degree from the University of Wisconsin Law School. While in law school she was a Writer and Articles Editor for the Wisconsin Journal of Law, Gender & Society. Attorney Yang served as a judicial intern for the Wisconsin Court of Appeals, District II and worked as an extern at the Wisconsin Employment Relations Commission.
Admissions and Professional Memberships
Attorney Yang is admitted to practice in Wisconsin and before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin. She is a member of the Leander J. Foley Jr. Matrimonial American Inn of Court, Milwaukee Bar Association, Society of Family Lawyers (2015-16 Secretary, 2016-17 Treasurer/President-elect), Wisconsin Association of Worker’s Compensation Attorneys, and the National Organization of Social Security Claimant’s Representatives.
• Panel presenter at “Dispute Resolution Through a Cultural Lens” seminar hosted by the State Bar of Wisconsin, December 10, 2015.
• M Magazine, Leading Lawyers 2015.
• Super Lawyer, Rising Star 2013 – 2016.
• Keynote speaker at Hmong American Peace Academy, June 11, 2012.
• Milwaukee Bar Association, Messenger Volunteer Spotlight, Spring 2012.
• Panel presenter at “Examining Hmong Cultural Practices in Family Court” webinar hosted by the State Bar of Wisconsin, December 19, 2011.
• Continuing Legal Education presenter at Legal Aid Society, “Legal Issues Involving Hmong Parties in Family Court,” October 28, 2011.
• Panel presenter at “Domestic Violence Litigation: Practical and Legal Consequences” seminar hosted by the State Bar of Wisconsin, April 8, 2011.
Contact Atorney Yang by using our contact form, emailing her directly at email@example.com, or calling (414) 395-2835.
Begin Your Case Evaluation
I had a great experience with Kashoua being my attorney. I had a family law issue that I had been struggling with for quite sometime. Kashoua helped me …
The direct and focused attention that Attorney Kashoua Yang provided me for my Social Security appeal was essential in the success of my appeal…
Kashoua Yang was wonderful to us. She took on our case long distance as we live in Tempe Arizona and our legal problem was in Milwaukee Wisconsin.